On October 3rd, 2018 the webinar “Power With and Power Through: How Women Are Leading Differently for a Just and Caring World” with Jamia Wilson, Carla Goldstein and Riane Eisler was an informative and empowering dialog on the transformational possibilities of women’s leadership.
We can only build a more just and caring world if we enact leadership in ways that cultivate partnership rather than domination. But what does it really look like to “do power differently”? How do we support one another in asserting and implementing bold visions grounded in the life-giving values of care, mutuality, diversity, and creativity? Tune in below and be inspired!
After centuries of domination-style leadership, re-claiming the value of women and the Feminine is the essential work of our time. In this interactive online event, groundbreaking author and women’s rights activist Riane Eisler talks with author/activist/storyteller Jamia Wilson, ED of the Feminist Press and a powerful voice on feminist and women’s rights issues, and Carla Goldstein, cofounder of the Omega Women’s Leadership Center.
These three powerful leaders share provocative perspectives on how to transform the ways we express power and re-cast our notions of leadership itself. Eisler, Wilson, and Goldstein help us think more expansively and imaginatively about issues like:
- How do we support one another in asserting and implementing bold visions grounded in the life-supporting values of care, mutuality, diversity, and creativity?
- How do we act together in ways that honor and respect the full complexity of one another’s identities, experiences, histories and perspectives?
- How do we bring about a cultural transformation from domination to partnership?
- How do we recognize and call out languages and practices that help maintain systems of domination?
- What are restorative practices that can help us re-inhabit an integrated way of being and knowing that includes mind, body, and intuition?
- How do we stay connected to the sustainable sources of energy and courage we need to undertake the challenging, long-haul work of making the world anew?
People of all genders who care about building a partnership world won’t want to miss this inspiring and provocative conversation.
Hosted by the Center for Partnership Studies.
Questions? Contact Ann: email@example.com